1. Which country won their first ever Davis Cup title in 2016?
2. Which Formula One racing driver announced his retirement in December 2016, five days after winning the World Championship title?
3. How many people have held the post of England national football team manager during the course of 2016?
3 (Roy Hodgson, Sam Allardyce and Gareth Southgate)
4. At which racecourse is the St Leger Stakes run?
5. Since the system of full seeding was introduced in 1927 only two men have won the Wimbledon singles title whilst unseeded. Can you name either?
Boris Becker (1985) or Goran Ivanisevic (2001)
6. How many times has the Summer Olympic Games been held in Greece since the first modern Olympic Games in 1896?
3 times (It was held in Athens in 1896, 1906 and 2004)
7. What is the minimum number of darts required to achieve a score of 501?
Nine (There are a variety of ways to achieve this, one being to score treble 20 (60) seven times in a row (=420), followed by treble 19 (57 – total is now 477) and then double 12 (24 – total is now 501)
8. Which Essex-born snooker player earned the nickname ‘The Rocket’?
9. In which sport do the Pittsburgh Steelers compete?
10. Which football player holds the record for most goals scored in the Premier League?
Alan Shearer (260 goals – Wayne Rooney has scored 194 goals at time of writing – see list here)