1. Which two famous songwriters composed the theme tune for the original 1966 film version of ‘Alfie’?
Burt Bacharach and Hal David
2. Of which country was Pieter Willem Botha the last serving Prime Minister, who held the post between 1978 and 1984?
South Africa (He became the first executive State President in 1984)
3. In computing terms, what does AGP stand for?
Accelerated Graphics Port
4. According to the Chinese zodiac the year commencing on 28th January 2017 will be the year of which animal?
5. Which ‘birthstone’ is associated with the month of September?
6. In which country would you find Shinjuku railway station?
7. Which American singer, songwriter and actor was born Francesco Paolo LoVecchio on March 30th 1913?
8. How many German ‘states’ or ‘Bundesländer’ are there?
16 (See this link for a list)
9. What does an anemometer measure?
10. Is the human large intestine or small intestine longer?
Small intestine (Length of small intestine can vary greatly, from around 3 metres to ten metres long. The large intestine is usually around 1.5 metres long)