This week’s round is all about children’s literature.
1. Moon-face, Dame Washalot and the Angry Pixie are characters created by which writer?
2. In which book, written by Julia Donaldson and Illustrated by Alex Scheffler, does a mouse encounter a monster in the woods?
3. Which ‘Mr Man’ was purple and shaped like a triangle?
4. What was the name of the fawn in ‘The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe’?
5. In which 1998 book by David Almond does Michael discover something resembling an angel in the garage?
6. Who created the famous character of Tracey Beaker?
7. Cut-Throat Jake was the enemy of which cartoon character?
8. Which children’s writer has published stories entitled ‘War Horse’, ‘Kensuke’s Kingdom’ and ‘Private Peaceful’?
9. Who wrote ‘Hansel and Gretel’, ‘Rapunzel’ and ‘Cinderella’?
The Brothers Grimm (Wilhelm and Jacob)
10. The fictional dog ‘Hairy Maclary’ came from where, according to the title of Lynley Dodd’s first book of the series?