1. What is measured by a dolorimeter?
Pain sensitivity/pain intensity
2. In which year was the Battle of Hastings? Please give the answer in Roman numerals.
3. What does ‘skpo’ stand for as a knitting abbreviation?
Slip one, knit one, pass the slipped stitch over
4. Of which country is the ‘Knesset’ the national legislature?
5. In which year did the United Kingdom originally join the European Economic Community?
6. In which country was Florence Nightingale born?
7. Which actress has played Carla Connor in Coronation Street since 2004? (Previous surnames Barlow and Gordon)
8. Which British rock band’s original line-up consisted of Eric Burdon, Alan Price, Hilton Valentine, John Steel and Bryan ‘Chas’ Chandler?
9. The surname of which Cluedo suspect comes first alphabetically?
Reverend Green (Others are Miss Scarlett, Professor Plum, Mrs Peacock, Colonel Mustard and Mrs White)
10. Which was the first novel to be published by Jane Austen and was printed anonymously in 1811, with only ‘A Lady’ listed as author?
Sense and Sensibility