This Halloween quiz round is all about films with ghost in the title.
1. What was the name of the charlatan psychic played by Whoopi Goldberg in the hit 1990 film ‘Ghost’?
Oda Mae Brown
2. Which film series had a fourth movie called ‘Ghost Protocol’?
3. Can you name any two of the four actors who played the original ‘Ghostbusters’ in the 1984 film?
Any two of: Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson (Ernie Hudson was their first recruit so we have included him in the list, although he was not a ‘Ghostbuster’ at the beginning of the film)
4. And can you name any two of the four actresses who starred in the 2016 remake?
Any two of: Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones (Jones played the same role as Ernie Hudson – see above)
5. Which 2008 film stars Ricky Gervais as a dentist who can see and talk to ghosts?
6. Which actor stars in ‘Ghosts of Girlfriends Past’, a 2009 American romantic comedy film based on Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’?
7. Which 2007 action film stars Nicolas Cage as stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze?
8. Which 1947 film stars Gene Tierney as the young widow Lucy Muir who moves away to a seaside cottage to find the deceased former owner (Rex Harrison) haunting the house?
The Ghost and Mrs Muir
9. Which 2010 Roman Polanski film stars Pierce Brosnan as former Prime Minister Adam Long and Ewan McGregor who is hired to finish his memoirs?
The Ghost Writer
10. A 1999 Scooby-Doo! Film has the word ghost in the title – what is it called?
Scooby-Doo and the Witch’s Ghost