Snow Quiz – The following questions are all things to do with snow.
1. Who is the author of the 1978 children’s picture book ‘The Snowman’?
2. The ‘Abominable Snowman’ is another term for which creature of folklore?
3. Which song was written by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne and was first recorded by Vaugh Monroe in 1945?
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
4. Which cartoon character had a canine companion called Snowy?
Tintin (Snowy’s name was Milou in the original French)
5. Which American singer provided the voice of Snow White in the 1937 Disney film?
6. Who wrote the fairy tale of the ‘Snow Queen’?
Hans Christian Andersen
7. What is the French word for snow?
8. In which year was the deepest snow in the UK recorded?
1981 (47cm in Kindrogan, Scotland: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning/snow/snow-at-christmas)
9. According to the Met Office a ‘White Christmas’ occurs when one snowflake is observed falling somewhere in the UK (no longer just on the Met Office building). In which year was the last White Christmas, with ten percent of weather stations reporting snow but none however being reported on the ground?
10. How many ‘sides’ or ‘points’ does a snowflake have?
To download the ‘Snow Quiz’ as a PDF contestant question paper, please click on the grey link below: