1. In ‘Vicar of Dibley: The Christmas Lunch Incident’ (1996), the vicar reluctantly accepts invitations to too many Christmas dinners – How many Christmas dinners did Geraldine have?
Four (1: Frank Pickle and Jim Trott, 2: David and Hugo Horton, 3: Alice and her mother and sister and 4: Owen Newitt)
2. The 2000 Christmas show ‘Victoria Wood with All the Trimmings’ ended with a musical finale centred around which female politician?
3. In the 2012 Mrs Brown’s Boys Christmas special, ‘Mammy Christmas’, Agnes is disappointed to discover that the nativity play has been cancelled and decides to stage her own. Which role does Mrs Brown play?
The Virgin Mary
4. Which member of ‘The Royle Family’ was born on Christmas Day?
Baby David (Surname: Best, born on Christmas Day 1999)
5. Who got married in the 2015 Christmas Special of ‘Downton Abbey’, which was also the grand finale?
Edith and Bertie
6. In which year did ‘Christmas with Morecambe and Wise’ feature Eric Morecambe playing a strange version of Grieg’s Piano Concerto before informing André Previn that he was playing “All the right notes but not necessarily in the right order”?
7. In the 2003 ‘Absolutely Fabulous’ Christmas special entitled ‘Cold Turkey’, Patsy is rushed to hospital and Edina is informed that ‘Miss Stone has died.’ In fact, it was not Patsy who had died but her sister. Who played Patsy’s sister?
8. In a December 2002 Friends episode, Chandler is forced to work away from home for Christmas, although he quits his job and goes back to Monica after a female co-worker makes a pass at him. In which US city had he been working?
9. ‘To the Manor Born’ revisited our screens for a Christmas special in 2007 where Richard and Audrey made plans to celebrate a special wedding anniversary. Which anniversary was it?
10. At the end of 1999, a ‘Dinnerladies’ episode was broadcast that was named after an important word that Bren couldn’t pronounce. What was it?
Minnellium (instead of millennium – accept either answer)
To download the Christmas TV quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, please click on the link below: