1. Who first released a recording of the song ‘Jingle Bell Rock’ in 1957?
2. A toy of which ‘Sesame Street’ character became a popular but elusive Christmas toy in 1996?
Elmo (Tickle Me Elmo)
3. Who played Ebenezer Scrooge in the 1935 film version of ‘A Christmas Carol’ entitled ‘Scrooge’?
Sir Seymour Hicks
4. ‘Myrrh is mine, its bitter perfume breathes of life, of gathering gloom…’ These are words taken from which Christmas carol?
We Three Kings
5. How many ‘Home Alone’ films were made in total, including those only produced for television?
5 (Home Alone, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, Home Alone 3, Home Alone 4 and Home Alone: The Holiday Heist – the last two were TV movies only)
6. Although the first windows of Advent calendars are opened on the 1st December, this is not when Advent actually starts and its exact date moves each year. How is the start of Advent decided?
It is the fourth Sunday before Christmas (27th November in 2016 and 3rd December in 2017)
7. Which storm caused intensive flooding with homes being evacuated in Lancashire and Yorkshire just before Christmas in 2015?
8. Which hugely influential English physicist and mathematician was born on Christmas day in the year 1642?
Sir Isaac Newton
9. Which of the puppets plays the author and narrator Charles Dickens in the 1992 film ‘The Muppet Christmas Carol’?
The Great Gonzo
10. In which year was the Christmas John Lewis advert entitled ‘Monty the Penguin’?
To download the Christmas Quiz Questions and Answers as a PDF contestant question paper, please click on the link below: