2017 Quiz of the Year
1. William G. Stewart sadly passed away in September. Which TV quiz show did he host?
Fifteen to One
2. Hillary Clinton published yet another autobiography this year, on the subject of her presidential election campaign. What did she call it?
3. The new polymer £10 note entered circulation this year – whose picture features on the reverse?
Jane Austen (200-year anniversary of her death)
4. What is the name of the first female Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police who was appointed in February?
5. The wrong film was announced as the ‘Best Picture’ winner at the Academy Awards this year – Which two celebrities presented the award and had been given the wrong card?
Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway (La La Land was announced although it had not won)
6. Harvey Weinstein fell from grace this year – Which hugely successful entertainment company did he and his brother found?
7. Which airline experienced a global IT failure in May leading to chaos around the world?
8. Which US celebrity caused controversy in May when she posed for photos in which she held up a bloodied mask resembling the decapitated head of Donald Trump?
9. Who is head of the Democratic Unionist Party, who agreed to support a minority Conservative Government this year?
10. Madonna adopted twins from Malawi this year. How many children does she now have?
6 (Lourdes, Rocco, David, Mercy, Estere and Stelle – The last four are all adopted)
To download the 2017 quiz of the year as a PDF contestant question paper, with printed questions plus spaces for contestant answers, please click on the grey box below: