2017 Quiz – In which month of 2017 did the following events occur? No month will be mentioned twice and two, of course, are omitted.
1. Coventry was named UK City of Culture 2021 and Toys “R” Us announced that it would close 26 British stores.
2. The Duke of Edinburgh carried out his last official engagement and Big Ben chimed for the last time before a four-year period of renovation.
3. Philip Hammond delivered his first budget as Chancellor of the Exchequer and the British parliament passed the Brexit bill, in preparation for the triggering of Article 50.
4. Seven people were killed and forty-eight injured following an attack by Islamist extremists on London Bridge and a major fire engulfed Grenfell Tower.
5. Sir Michael Fallon resigned amidst allegations of inappropriate behaviour and Prince Harry announced his engagement to Megan Markle.
6. Sir John Hurt, ‘Allo ‘Allo actor Gordon Kaye and Antony Armstrong-Jones, First Earl of Snowdon all sadly passed away.
7. Manchester Arena was attacked by a bomber after an Ariana Grande concert and paper £5 notes featuring Elizabeth Fry ceased to be legal tender.
8. Anne Marie Morris was suspended from the Conservative Party for using racist language and the young Charlie Gard passed away after his and his parents’ long battle.
9. Monarch Airlines went into administration and Hurricane Ophelia hit Britain.
10. Teresa May announced that a general election would be held in June and Anthony Joshua became WBA World Heavyweight Champion.
To download the 2017 Quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, with printed questions only plus spaces for contestant answers, please click on the grey box below: