2016 Pub Quiz Questions – General Knowledge questions based on the events of the year.
1. Which musical, based on a 2005 film starring Judi Dench and Bob Hoskins, opened a run at the Noel Coward Theatre in February?
Mrs Henderson Presents
2. Who came second to Hillary Clinton in the race to become the Democrat candidate in the 2016 US presidential election?
3. Which highly anticipated 3rd film in a series was the UK’s highest grossing film of the year?
Bridget Jones’s Baby
4. What was the name of the character played by Robbie Coltrane in the Channel 4 drama series ‘National Treasure’?
5. Which music legend was turned away from a Grammy’s after-party in February, which was being held by the rapper ‘Tyga’?
6. A new government acronym ‘JAM’ appeared this year – What does it stand for?
Just About Managing (Referring to individuals who are ‘Just About Managing’ financially)
7. Under which name did Anna Georgette Gilford find fame this year?
Honey G (X Factor)
8. Which American actress from the golden age of Hollywood celebrated her 100th birthday on July 1st this year?
Olivia de Havilland
9. Who is the Republican vice president elect?
10. Which sporting feat did Tim Peake complete whilst aboard the International Space Station on 24th April 2016?
He ran the London Marathon from a treadmill
To download the 2016 Pub Quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, please click on the link below: